RFL offers a wide range of Power Line Carrier accessory products. These products include 50 Watt and 100 Watt High Power Amplifiers, Custom Test Panels and Terminations Panels.
50W/100W High Power Amplifiers
The RFL® 9508 RF Amplifier Chassis amplifies the RF output from Power Line Carrier Transmitters before these signals are passed to the line coupling equipment. Each amplifier chassis develops 50 Watts PEP. For 100 Watt applications, two amplifier chassis are required.
- Input Voltage Range: 38 VDC to 150 VDC or 200 VDC to 300 VDC
- Number of Inputs: One of Two
- Input Level:
- +4dBm@75 Ohms – single input
- +1dBm@75 Ohms – two inputs
- Input Impedance: 75 Ohms nominal.
- Idle Noise: -54 dBmO, measured in a 3-kHz bandwidth.
- Frequency Response: Flat within +/-2.0dB from 20 kHz to 500 kHz.
- Third Order Intermodulation Distortion:
- From 60 to 350 kHz: -60 dBmO
- Below 500 kHz: -50 dBmO
- Harmonic Distortion: -40 dB.
- Maximum Output: 50 Watts PEP.
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms nominal.
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +65°C (-4°F to +149°F).
- Humidity: 0 to 95% noncondensing.
- Rack Space:
- 50 Watts – 3RU
- 100 Watts – 7RU (1RU minimum cooling space between amplifier chassis)
- Dimensions: 5.25” x 19” x 19.5” (per 50W amplifier).
- Type Tests:
- ESD Withstand – IEC-610004-2, ANSI C37.90.3
- RFI Withstand – IEC-60834, ANSI C37.90.2
- SWC Withstand – IEC-801-4, ANSI C37.90.1
- Dielectric Withstand – 2500 VDC per IEC-60255-22-1 and IEC-60834-1
RFL manufactures custom Power Line Carrier Termination Panels. These panels can be customized to meet your requirements. Typically termination panels are used for testing purposes. Termination panels provide a termination point in-between the PLC transmitter equipment and the line tuner. Provision is made for test equipment to monitor the PLC communication signals. In addition a test mode may be used to interrupt the normal communications path and insert test equipment in series.
RFL manufactures a wide range of custom test panels. Typically these test panels are made to the customer specifications.